Three reasons to hire a handyman before selling your home
Selling your home in British Columbia is a big deal. Not only is it a change for you and your family, but it’s also a lot of work. Navigating the BC housing market in its current condition and getting the best value for your home takes time and expertise. That’s why it’s important to get help with as many parts of the process as you can.
Handyman services exist to make your life a bit easier during a stressful time. While you may think that hiring help for basic repairs and maintenance is unnecessary, there are several strong arguments for outsourcing this work as you get ready to sell your home.
1) Increase the value of your home
It’s no secret that touching up your home will increase its value. But sometimes those things can fall to the bottom of your list, especially if you have work and family priorities to balance already.
Investing in handyman services is well-worth the money when you consider the return you’re likely to get when you sell.
2) Take advantage of expertise
You’ve got your list of repairs and minor upgrades you’d love to get to before listing your house, but there are probably other ideas you haven’t even thought of.
A qualified handyman can take care of the tasks you know you want done and provide advice on additional work that will give you the best return on your investment.
Plus, using handyman services can give you peace of mind that each task will be done correctly and efficiently—the first time.
3) Save time for other priorities
If you’re selling your home, you’ve got a lot to deal with. From working with a realtor to organizing showings to making arrangements for your next residence, there is a lot to manage.
Enlisting an experienced handyman is a great way to save your own time and energy for the things that only you can do. Sometimes just removing even one responsibility from your to-do list can make a big difference in how prepared you are to handle everything else.
Easy and affordable repairs, touch ups and upgrades to increase the value of your home
Still working on your handyman task list? Here are a few small, easy things you can do around your house to increase the value of your home before putting it on the market:
- Give the walls, doors and ceilings a fresh coat of paint
- Fix any squeaky door hinges, loose fixtures, sticky locks, etc.
- Unclog the sinks and drains
- Install new cabinets or, if that’s not in the budget, consider replacing the handles and knobs to freshen up the look of the space
- Replace old light fixtures and make sure all your lightbulbs are in working order
- Touch up your baseboards with a good scrub and/or a coat of paint
- Upgrade your taps, faucets and shower heads
- Tidy up your yard—trim hedges, plant flowers or put in a garden bed for the next owners
Where to find a handyman in the Okanagan
Working Hands Inc. offers comprehensive handyman services that allow you to work with one company for all your maintenance and repairs, rather than going through multiple trades.
If you’re looking for some expert help and advice on getting your home market ready, contact us for a free, zero-obligation quote today.